he created an illusion of kindness and caring, when the reality
of his plight was anything but. He was cutting with his thoughts, but spoke
only soft words — perhaps to conceal his feelings, or to give off the semblance
of having any human feelings.
I have changed my travel plans slightly.
I will fly back to the UK for one month in May, and then return back to Thailand – where I will stay in Bangkok for a few days. I will then catch a flight to Auckland from there, rather than spend a month or two in Thailand. Reasons for this include:
- it is cheaper to fly in June
- I can pack mostly a winter wardrobe – aka more city appropriate clothing
- I don’t have to worry about storing my stuff somewhere, as I wouldn’t want to lug around NZ clothing/items
- it is time to start the new chapter in my life
- the SE Asian adventure ends, the NZ one begins!
for as long as i can remember, i have always
identified myself based on my relationships with other
people. one day, my spirit was awakened, and i
realised that i could still be me without
someone else to affirm my worth. i began to unravel, slowly,
from the outside, in. soon the artifice ebbed away
from my little core, and my authentic being was finally